College and University Students
Most university students are used to success, after all, they are in a postsecondary institution, however, many of them are still held back by their own internal struggles. We work with students to unleash their potential by exploring their perceptions, rackets, expectations, and goals. An essential requirement to unlocking each students potential is dealing with the past and moving forward to a future based on choice and empowerment. It’s an opportunity to discover who they are as a student and a student leader. It is a unique extracurricular activity that could stand out as one of the most defining moments in their academic journey and an opportunity for them to engage in some cutting edge thought-provoking conversations. The training is designed for them to explore in an abstract way the concepts that may give access to their hidden potential as a student, thereby creating a space for them to fully engage what is possible for them in the future and what it will take from them to bring their vision into a reality.
For many college & university students, these can be the best years of their life, however for some this is not the case; many students can feel alone, confused and are filled with self doubt and a feeling of not belonging of not good enough. The Collegiate program is designed to create a support structure within the college that is peer-to-peer creating an opportunity for all students to be authentically heard and seen.
Benefits of the Collegiate Program
- Increased attendance and punctuality to lectures and academic appointments and submitting work to deadlines on time or early.
- Ability to set and achieve goals: Students are able understand and are aware of their ability to be their word in all areas of their life including their academic studies. They are able to clearly define a direction in life that promotes self-accountability and encouragement for the pursuit of their life-long dreams.
- Study and Life Balance: Students become aware of what they have been focusing on and how they are distributing their attention thereby giving them choice to spread their focus and energies more evenly across their studies career, relationships, health and leisure; achieving this balance enriches all areas of their life.
- Increased Energy and Passion: By taking care of their emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical health, students will generate more stimulating and memorable life-experiences and enthusiasm within college. By removing things that deplete and drain them, they will be able to focus more on the things they love.
- Sustained Growth: As they learn more about themselves, their rate of development will increase.
- Building a Community: Building a community of liked-minded students creates an inherent support structure where all is possible. It also creates a culture in which students are able to share their experience of student support services within the college, better utilizing and promoting services that are already on offer, in order to maximize their full experience of college life.
- Improved Confidence and Self-Esteem: Students are able and willing to speak up in tutorials, classes, and lectures, and feel more empowered to ask for the support they require to achieve to their full potential.
Uncommon Results has no difficulty transcending the cultural divide between the U.S.A. and U.K. They were able to relate powerfully to all of our staff as well as the undergraduates. Having experienced it we have no doubt about its values, both for the undergraduates and the staff teams. The success of the program and its impact on all of us is owed a great deal to the interpersonal skills employed by Uncommon Results.
We have been exceptionally pleased with the work done by the team of Uncommon Results. They were completely professional and reliable, and they delivered amazing results both with the young people who participated in the programs and the adults who they trained to be volunteers.
Your style made it easy to tune into the sense of what you were saying and the exercises really reinforced the learning. We still make reference to effective listening and remind ourselves of the need to be aware when our attention wanders. The sales consultants have found that by being aware of how to listen more effectively to clients they are having a better understanding of what the clients need. They now seldom take notes at a meeting but find that because they have really listened during the meeting they are able to write up a note of the meeting afterwards and recall completely what was said.
Like a great coach, Mark Charley is able to inspire individuals and teams to see and use effectively talent and ability they didn’t know they have. He uniquely combines toughness, experience, creativity, and humanity into a winning formula. Not only are teams more successful after working with Mark, he has a lifelong impact on the people he works with.
I have been in the Prison Service for almost 25 years and I have never seen an intervention which has such a profound effect on so many people in such a short time. The people I refer to are not just the prisoner participants but also my staff.
Uncommon Results is a synonym for the difference that Mark Charley makes in the lives of people he trains. Participants leave with a new confidence, a different motivation and a deep sense of personal empowerment. I would highly recommend Uncommon Results.
The name ‘Uncommon Results’ underestimates the enormous impact which this company has had in the UK, Holland and Northern Ireland . . . . The unique combination of powerful training, creating dynamic teamwork and achieving high quality results in both the Public, Not For Profit and Corporate sectors has been, and will continue to be the basis of our contracting this firm. Those considering personal development in any of the domains mentioned should in my opinion, consider contracting Uncommon Results.
The event had not only given the participants a massive boost but had significantly helped the Institute as a whole in terms of staff morale and the general atmosphere. Due primarily to the timing but also lingering concerns about just how far the cultural change process had gone, I was prepared if not for the worse at least that the course had been perhaps a qualified or modest success. I was genuinely taken aback by the extent and depth of the response which I encountered at so many different levels, I do not mind admitting that it was very uplifting for me personally.
For more than ten years I have personally been committed to bringing Uncommon Results to Bermuda and it has been worth all of the time, effort, and they produce phenomenal results. Mark Charley and his team have created a target for our efforts to address critical problems of youth alienation and the development of highly effective responses to it.
Uncommon Results has served as our lead consultant in planning and implementation of our program. The knowledge that Uncommon Results, Inc. has in the area of at-risk behavior management and program facilitation is without question the most in-depth and comprehensive that you will find in the country.